About Me

My photo
Wife to the most amazing and loving husband, mother of four of the most beautiful children, child of a loving and gracious God.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Chicago Day 3... Tuesday

On Tuesday Michael had to work for a little while so I had some time to myself...a lost treasure in my book. I walked up Michigan Ave and did some shopping (nice to shop without having children to constantly discipline about not looking under the stalls or to stay out of racks..or you pick a problem I'm sure you can imagine). Then I went for a massage and facial at Elizabeth Arden (I had a gift certificate from 3 years ago for mothers day from my mother-in-law...finally had a chance to use it). After I went to lunch at the Water Tower Mall (pretty nice mall) and went back to the hotel to take a bath. I haven't had a bath since I was pregnant with Kaleigh, needless to say I wanted to soak all day (I text Michael to tell him to stay at work a little longer so I could soak a little longer...LOL.

We went to dinner when he got back and had a nice stroll along the river, it was a beautiful evening.





This is Trump Tower (he's pretty ostentatious and not to be out done, he had the building designed by the same man who designed the world's tallest building in Dubai) smack in the middle of downtown Chicago on the water.The Chicago Tribune building it's pretty with it's buttresses.
We went to the Lego store (I haven't been to the one in Tyson's yet) it's pretty cool what people can build with Lego's.

This has to be the coolest thing I have ever seen. (click on both pictures to enlarge it so you don't miss it). If you stand on the mat in front of the camera and hold the city box in front of it flat, the city comes to life on the screen in front of you.
It was awesome that someone came up with this idea.

3 comments:

Lynnea said...

Sounds like so much fun. I would love to go to Chicago and New York with just Paul. How fun. You look beautiful! :) We miss seeing you guys.

Courtney said...

you dress is BEAUTIFUL!

Megan said...

I LOVE Chicago..such a great city. And I love even more that you get dressed up in such lovely dresses for your time away with your husband. So fun!