About Me

My photo
Wife to the most amazing and loving husband, mother of four of the most beautiful children, child of a loving and gracious God.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Chicago Day 2 or Monday

Michael has been wanting to take me to Chicago for a while now, he really likes the city and thought it would be a great place to share with me. Since he has to go at least once a year sometimes two he took me with him this time. The kids stayed with their grandparents, aunts and cousins we got to go away just the two of us. I have to say I LOVED Chicago. I'm not sure if I liked it more than NY (it is my home town after all) but it was definitely a fun place.

I didn't take pictures the first day we got there because it was the evening and we were starving after getting off the airplane, got to our hotel and settled in. So food was a little more important, but I wish I would have taken pictures of the Navy Pier. It is a lot like Pier 17 in NY except a little more family friendly not so bar oriented (they have a small amusement park on the pier). We ate outside (I love eating outside...Michael not so much) it was a really nice night and the food was pretty good. We walked a lot and I forgot my sneakers, needless to say my feet, legs and whole body hurt by Wednesday. We arrived on Sunday evening.

These pictures are from Monday morning, we went to Millennium Park, we walked to Buckingham Fountain (absolutely amazing) and took an architectural boat ride on the river, before we came back to rest....we were meeting Michael's boss for dinner.

click on picture to enlarge it

Can you tell we liked the BEAN, it was pretty cool and the picture of the round building was so interesting because it has cars on the bottom of it before you get to the condo's (parking is an issue in Chicago, like any other city).

No comments: