About Me

My photo
Wife to the most amazing and loving husband, mother of four of the most beautiful children, child of a loving and gracious God.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Vacation Day 3

Today was an awesome day, Michael and I took the girls back to the beach and both girl, yes you heard me right, both of the older girls wanted to boogey board. I video taped it and if I can figure it out before we leave I will post it, but if not I will have to wait until I get home and post it. Never in my life did I think Jordan would want to do it, but she saw Kaleigh having so much fun doing it that she wanted to try it and LOVED it. This is the girl who barely wanted to get near the water because of the waves and isn't too crazy about the beach because of the crabs. It brought so much joy to my heart to see her try something new AND take a risk, it was so good for her. After a long while, Madison lasted 5 minutes on the beach before she wanted to go back to the house, the girls were exhausted. We went inside, washed up and waited for Jaden to wake up from his morning nap (these 2 naps a day thing is really hard when you have multiple children) and we all went to Currituck Lighthouse. What an experience that was, 2 people in our family do not like heights so that was a challenge, but the extremely narrow 214 steps up in the heat was the hardest part.


View from the bottom while we waited.


Can you see the beads of sweat on my face it was hot carrying Jaden the entire way up and down.

View from the top can you see the panicked look on Jordan's face.


2 comments:

Courtney said...

wow! brave jordan!!!

Renee said...

Looks like ya'll are having a great time! I'm trying to figure our where exactly you are in OBX. My brother lives in Moorehead City (which is really far south). That's the only part I've ever been to. I'm glad everyone was brave so you got to experience that great lighthouse!