About Me

My photo
Wife to the most amazing and loving husband, mother of four of the most beautiful children, child of a loving and gracious God.

Friday, March 6, 2009

Turning 40


So I had a big problem with turning 30. I'll admit it, I was vain and thought, OH I'm so old. However, I was getting married so I wasn't that upset, at least I was doing that and marrying a wonderful man, who is now the best husband. However, I actually was looking forward to turning 40. My 30's have been so far the best years of my life, God has blessed me so richly. Not only did I get married, but we have been able to purchase our own homes, take several vacations, of course have 4 of the most beautiful children in the world (yes I'm biased, of course this picture doesn't do them justice, but this is what they look like at the end of a long day) but I have also been able to stay home and take care of them and be their mom. So what I have I learned in the past decade, am I wiser?...Maybe, I know one thing for sure, life is never what you planned. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."Jeremiah 29:10-12 Yes this verse is used quite frequently in the bible but I love it anyway, because my plans aren't always his plans, thank you for that. I don't always have the big picture and he always does. He has given me way more than I deserve and even on my worst days when I am broken, exhausted and weak, but I wouldn't change a thing. My life is not perfect, and I make lots of mistakes daily but he gives me the strength to get through the days and hope to keep going. I cannot wait to see what he does in my 40's, because my 30's were amazing.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

happy birthday...again!!! so glad it was a good one!