About Me

My photo
Wife to the most amazing and loving husband, mother of four of the most beautiful children, child of a loving and gracious God.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

She gets, but why can't I

I've been having a rough couple of days with sick kids and lots of discipline issues, on top of fighting something off myself and still after almost 8 months not having a good night's sleep.
Today it snowed, the kids have wanted to go out several times today, so I helped them bundle up and then set them free outside on the deck and the front yard. They kept asking me if I wanted to go outside with them to play in the snow (something I really don't like) so I told them no because I needed someone to watch Jaden it was too cold for him (still true) and seeing as he still does not take regular naps (I try as I might to get him on a schedule to no avail) I told them Jaden and I would watch from the window. Later in the afternoon after several times of trying to get Jaden to take longer than a 20 minute nap and hoping to get a little rest myself, after getting up with him at least 3 times last night, I decided to stop fighting it and to take him downstairs. So Jordan, Kaleigh, Jaden and I went downstairs (Madison was taking her usual 2 hour nap). They asked again could I play with them outside, this time I told them the truth that I was exhausted that after not having slept for the past almost 8 months has really worn me out. I told them that every night I pray to God that he would let Jaden sleep so Mommy can catch up on her sleep so I can feel better and take care of them and hopefully play with them more. Well Kaleigh quickly says "You know mommy, sometimes God doesn't answer your prayers right away, sometimes the answer is yes, sometimes the answer is no and sometimes it's not yet." She gets it but I'm having a hard time with why not now.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

wow. what great UNDERSTANDING!!! amazing! and i'm praying for SLEEP for you, friend!