About Me

My photo
Wife to the most amazing and loving husband, mother of four of the most beautiful children, child of a loving and gracious God.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

SICK KIDS!!!

OK so not only were we sick not too long ago, at least 3 of our kids were and Michael and I but the kids were sick AGAIN this past week. It started the week of Halloween, with Kaleigh and a sinus infection and then I had to take Jordan and Madison to the doctor on Halloween, Jordan with a sinus infection and Madison with strep throat. Then over last weekend Jaden caught a virus and has since spiraled into a nasty croupey lung thing. So now I am nebulizing three kids, Kaleigh at least 2 times a day and Jaden every 4 -6 hours including the middle of the night so any hope of sleep this week has been dashed. I was awake last night at 1:30, brought him to bed with me and nursed him to sleep, he woke up choking at 3:30 took him back to his room, nebbed him and fed him again, got back to bed at 4:30, he sounded like he could barely breathe. I go get dressed, because at this point I think I am going to take him to the ER at 5:00 in the morning, Michael suggests I give him a minute to see if the nebulizer treatment works first because it always makes Kaleigh cough for a little while at first and then she can get some air. I check on him at 5:00 and he is sound asleep. I go back to bed only to be woken up by him at 5:30 hacking away. I pick him up and it seems to clear him up, and he falls right back to sleep in my arms with a pacifier and so I decide to bring him back to bed with me so I can hold him up, his bed by the way is at an angle which he starts on the top of the bed and eventually works his way down to the flat part so he starts out Ok but ends up at the bottom. Not a big issue except when you can't breathe. So after coming back to bed with me at 5:30 he sleeps until 7:00 when everyone gets up. It's been a long night and Michael and I promised Jordan and Kaleigh we would take them to the movies, I'm hoping not to fall asleep. We take them to see High School Musical 3, it's hard to believe the price of a matinee for a family of 4 is $30. I guess we won't be going to the movies as a family of 6, that plus popcorn and you have spent $45 total, for 2 hours. How crazy is that, thank goodness we only go once a year. The girls had a great time, I didn't fall asleep and my mother - in - law had a happy toddler and baby who actually was great for her. Took a bottle and slept when he was supposed to and he seems to be a little better this afternoon hope we have a good night.

No comments: